Over the past two weeks I’ve been dabbling with Linux/ I installed Ubuntu Server on an old PC I had spare in the shack and Ubuntu Desktop pn my main PC. I later installed Linux Mint 11 (Katya) on my main PC and have spent an awful lot of time trying to figure out why I couldn’t get anything but basic low resolution from my Samsung monitor. Well I’ve finally figured out what the problem was, I had a 2 port VGA switch installed between my two PC’s and my monitor. When Linux GUI starts up, it interrogates the monitor and graphics card and set to the highest standard it can find. Via the switch it couldn’t identify my Monitor. Without the switch, everything is fine!
Now onto my next problem, how the heck do I get Hamlib installed correctly, more anon.